Bestowed upon me “One Lovely Blog Award”
I was nominated for the following blog awards, by Author Emily Guido. You NEED to checkout her website! She has created a series of books, that have an intelligent, caring, and independent female protagonist. It is refreshing to come upon a series where the female protagonist isn’t portrayed as helpless, simply because she’s in love. Here is the link to her site:
Here are the rules:
Include the blog award logo in your post
Thank the person who nominated you
Provide 7 random facts about yourself
Nominate 7 other blogs, and let them know you have done so
There are two rules to this award:
List seven things about yourself.
Nominate seven other blogs.
I got the “Don’t Do a Damned Thing Award… I Just Like Your Blog”
Here is the Rule:
Don’t do a damned thing! Enjoy!
Stuff about myself:
1. I recently began working on an MFA in Creative Writing.
2. I have a degree in Elementary Education, and have studied language acquisition.
3. I used to run hurdles, and competed in the Track & Field Junior Olympic Nationals. At one time, my goal was to move to Atlanta and train with my great uncle; he had been selected to represent the United States in the Olympics. Unfortunately, he was in a car wreck and was unable to compete; he became the track coach for Morehouse College, and coached Edwin Moses.
4. The following year I had my tonsils removed, two days later I went blind in one eye & was a quadriplegic for a while. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at 17, and eventually received chemotherapy and overcame the paralysis.
5.In 1997, I studied at Prospera Language Institute in Shizuoka-shi, Japan.
6. I LOVE TO READ!!! If I had to name a vice, mine would definitely be books. I buy them occasionally at bookstores, frequently from online stores & even at yard sales. It’s amazing how many books you can buy for $5 at yard sales.
7. I went on a march on Washington, when I was a 14 year old high school freshman.
The following are my seven nominees, the cover a wide variety of subject matter.
A Butterfly’s Joy: http://stired.wordpress.com
We Are All Mad Here: http://wereallmadinhere.wordpress.com
Basia Rose: http://basiarose.wordpress.com
Canadian Hiking Photography: http://hikingphoto.com
Alyson Miers: http://alysonmiers.wordpress.com
Life in a Nutshell: http://93cedelle.wordpress.com
Sadey Quinn: http://sadeyquinn.com